Have you ever thought about the benefits of apartment rentals versus buying a home? We live in a busy world and many people don’t feel a home purchase is the most convenient or carefree lifestyle. They want to concentrate on their careers or their family.
Apartment rentals are a great way to avoid the high cost of caring for a home without sacrificing luxuries. Of course, as with anything in life, there are some disadvantages but it seems the benefits far outweigh them.
– The ability to save money. People who have the goal of buying a home one day often use leasing as a way to save up money for a good down payment. The longer one leases a property versus buying the lower their mortgage payments can be.
– No or low maintenance. This aspect appeals to many people who either don’t have the time or the inclination to do anything more than simply change a light bulb. Heavy-duty maintenance tasks such as extensive repairs or plumbing leaks are all taken care of by property management. The carefree apartment rentals lifestyle continues as yard and garden duties are also the property responsibility.
– Amenities. These can be fantastic and can definitely add items to your living quality you might not be able to afford for a long time if you were buying a home. Pool and exercise room usage, clubhouse spaces and even home theaters are very popular amenities apartment dwellers have come to enjoy.
Many of these are something, which can’t be enjoyed with the purchase of a home. Even if you have to pay a bit more in lease fees for these items, you’d still be saving a ton of money versus a high mortgage payment.
– Flexibility. This is a key feature if you have a career, which requires relocation periodically. Or, you’re a young couple just starting out in life.
– Avoids unexpected costs. Your budget may just allow for enough money to pay a mortgage but have you also thought about the extra expenses of owning a home? Insurances, home repairs and property taxes can really put you in a bind financially. With leasing, your monthly expenses should be pretty much limited to utilities and rent.
– You can change your neighbors. They say you can never pick your family, but you can choose your neighbors. Apartment rentals allow you to move away from bad neighbors much more conveniently than if you owned your home.
– No need to sell when you leave. If you’ve ever had to get a house ready for drop-in potential buyers, you’ll understand the advantage of apartment leasing. When you’re ready to move on, just pack your stuff, tidy the place up and turn the keys in.
There are many more benefits, but perhaps the biggest and best is the advantage of not being locked into something for life. Apartment rentals can be very appealing, and they can complement the kind of lifestyle you want and deserve.